Narrative Development Stream of Consciousness, but not really

I currently have a few ideas floating around in my head as to what I want the plot for
this short film to be. I would want for this story to be set in the past. I'm entertaining
the idea of setting it in the 70s because I think I could really play around with costume
and makeup design to match the era. I know that I want to have an extremely limited
number of characters; my goal would be one character MAYBE two but they would
most likely be dual protagonists in that case as the sources I read recommended. I
want to limit myself to one location as well. 
I am into the idea of making the story about a wedding or more specifically a bride,
there’s something about going to Goodwill to get a wedding dress that is really appealing
to me right now. If  I went with this narrative I’d probably want it to be a sort of suspense
or psychological thriller, I’d want to try working with some alternative narratives for this
idea.
I am certain that I will have to get rights to a song for this endeavour, because I know
I want music to be an important aspect and component to this piece to set the tone. I have
a few songs in mind but I’m not sure if getting the rights to an ABBA song may be too
ambitious.

I know for sure an aspect I really want to experiment with is the color pallate of
my short film and I’d want to achieve this through mise en scene, I would like
to take inspiration from Wes Anderson films and the Netflix series Sex Education. 

Image result for 70s inspired patternsImage result for 70s aesthetic bride
Image result for late 70s film vibe pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...