EDITING AHH

     On Monday I began doing some editing, I started by changing up some of the colors in the shots; I decided that the afterlife would all be done in cool tones and the “alive shots” would have warmer tones. Then I went through what I already had and took notes as to what I still needed, they looked something like this.

editing notes:
- demonic voices in the first scene make it in garage band ???
- the entire eyeline match of the bible !!!
- add demonic voices to before the video starts
- add somber and suspenseful music to jael making the cake
- missing vo line
- game show music
- neutral working music for making the cake
- figure out that apple scene audio !!
- ding for the timer
- music for the cake eating sequence ???
- credits !!?!??
     I got cracking on those notes by adding the voiceovers I was missing and fixing some audio stuff; unfortunately, I was having trouble with my microphone and my computer was spazzing out so I lost a lot of time restarting and updating my computer three times. Once it was up and running again I decided to stop trying to fix what I was doing and instead moved to the music. I went to one of my favorite platforms, the Youtube audio library and started searching. I found some songs that I liked and wrote them down.

youtube audio library contenders:
- mysteries dan lebowitz (baking)
- etherial choir ascends (eating)
- the evening of departure (eating)
- angus del x - bitter suite (killing)
- jukebox by patrick patrikios(opening/closing credits)
reminder: credit songs in description!!

     Today I picked which songs I was going to use and put them into the film. I went with a mostly choral sound for the music because I wanted the film to feel like a religious ceremony in certain parts. I added some sound effects that I was missing which I got from the audio iMovie offers and then I went back to what was giving me problems the day before. Again I struggled a lot with my microphone, but I was able to get some of the voiceovers that I needed. However, I really wanted to make these layered creepy whispering sounds in Garage Band to put into the film but it was just not happening for me. So, I scrolled through some royalty free sound effect websites and found exactly what I needed, this indiscernible creepy whispering voice, I downloaded it and added it to the movie. I ended up layering this audio a few times in different pitches so that it would sound creepier and like more people were whispering.

I finished the first final edit and showed it to my mom, my best friend and her sister and got their feedback. I was met with some very positive reactions ! They all really enjoyed it which made me so happy! I’m going to revisit editing again later in the week with fresh eyes so that I can take the constructive criticisms my viewers gave me and workshop them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...