The … Demon

     I needed to come up with a costume for my Demon character who explains to the main character her new situation. Originally I figured I could just order something cheap off of Amazon but I realized later that there was no way I could order it and have it come in time for filming with this pandemic, in addition, I feel morally obligated to be boycotting Amazon in these times so I can be on the right side of history once it’s finally time to eat the rich. Basically, I’d have to work with what I have; I really wanted this character to wear red and lucky for me I hate wearing red clothes so I had almost nothing to choose from. I ended up going with a plaid patterned red skirt that had some red accents on it and a black cropped tank top; I knew I wanted this outfit to be less conservative to contrast the more modest clothes that Jael dons in the short film.



     My favorite part of this character building process was doing the hair/makeup/accessories. I put my hair up into two space buns secured with red scrunchies to mimic sort of devil horns and add a good pop of color. For the makeup I kept the base I had on already for Jael and added some red winged eyeliner and blended some red into my lower lash line, I adorned my brow bone with some little black dots as well as a dot under the center of my eye, I also drew out a little star on my cheek that I debated turning into a pentagram (and then decided against that cuz I don’t mess with demons like that), finally I lightly put on some red lipstick to just slightly tint my lips. I had the most fun filling my ears with different earrings; I have four piercings on my ear, I put a plastic baby on my right ear and on my left ear I had: a red dangly heart, one of Jael’s pearls, and a heart shaped hoop.



No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...