Project Reflection

     My Portfolio Project is pretty much done!! I am so excited to finalize this project and get the chance to view the work that all my peers have created!

     This project and process was definitely different from the portfolio project last year, for starters I was working by myself this time around which proved a bit of a challenge sometimes (oftentimes), I lost access to my actors half way through, then I lost access to my filming locations. Highly unexpected curve balls were being thrown left and right this year which was stressful to say the least, but I think I can safely say that I am happy and proud of the work and the pieces I created with the limited facilities I had available. Do I think there’s a chance that if Covid-19 had not been an obstacle my short film might’ve come out more like I’d envisioned it? Absolutely, but I can honestly say I gave it my greatest effort.

     I learned an abundance of skills and techniques from this creative process. I feel that I went into this project with a pretty low-moderate skill level in terms of production, but I definitely got the chance to hone this craft throughout the process. I can credit that with the fact that this is a completely hands on project and I did PLENTY of googling and researching and learning that I would’ve never done otherwise. Some days I was looking up the smallest things like “how to screenshot on a laptop,” miniscule things that I just didn’t know but now I do that I feel could probably help me at some point in the future whether I decide to continue in this field or not. My editing skills have improved as well, although nowhere near exceptional.

     I’m upset that we didn't have the opportunity to do as many group meetings because I love hearing about everyone’s project and getting feedback for my own project and learning from each other. However, in some way we are all brought together by this shared experience.

     The overall vibe of my project was certainly different from what I’d consider my usual theme and energy, so getting to experiment with new style and going out of my comfort zone is something that I am glad I got the opportunity to do; especially in terms of the website and the postcard.

     My ultimate goal with this project was to create something that I could feel proud in exhibiting to others and I think I achieved that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...