www.idontknowhowtomakeawebsite.com

     I decided to start my week off by delving into the website creation process. My fellow media A level students advised using wix to create the website; I took their advice since I’ve seen some quality websites created there. So, I opened up wix today, created an account, and got to work. I looked up “film” in the template search bar and chose one called, “Film Coming Soon” I didn’t think very much about the template since I knew I could pretty much customize it however I want. I opened up the editor and quickly realized that I have absolutely no idea how to work Wix. I was extremely confused. I ended up watching half the collection of step-by-step help videos that the platform offers to educate myself a little bit; those helped me get a sense of some of the features available and how to navigate the editor. After watching those videos I got to experimenting, I clicked just about every button and icon and to be honest I’m still confused as to how to work most of the features. I didn’t get much done in terms of actually making the website since I began to get a little frustrated and overwhelmed as it kept freezing and logging me out and I was just generally lost in navigation, however I created some if not all of the tabs I want to include in the final product. I plan to come back to the website later in the week once I have finished with the first complete draft of the film itself (which I plan to have by tomorrow) because I want to look for some stills in the film to use on the website. 
     It looks pretty lame right now but, this is the very VERY rough outline of what it'll be in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...