Postcard Dilema

     Earlier in the week I made some changes to the postcard; I added a red border and fixed up the bite marks. But, as I was developing the website I couldn’t help but feel like I could do better with the postcard. I completely revamped the back of postcard, I scrapped the photo that was on the back and swapped it with the cake cross icon from the website. I split the card in half so that the left side would contain film festival information and the right side would have contact information.

     I showed the new model to this project's two most trusted advisors, my mom and my best friend. My best friend loved the new model while my mom was more partial to the original. this divide in opinions worried me, I thought it might be because the two of them are different demographics. So, I took to instagram, I created a poll in which I simply asked my followers which version of the postcard they found most appealing. Instagram allows you to see who votes for what, which is highly beneficial in this situation, one postcard may have gotten more votes than the other, but I was more interested in who was voting for which card. If my Instagram followers happened to also qualify for my intended target audience I’d hold their opinion higher. In the end the original design had greater support. After all of that I’m still not sure which one I want to go with and I'll have to revisit the postcard again next week :/ since I’ve already started reworking both versions again maybe my Instagram followers will have to participate in another poll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...