A Slightly Stressful Change in Scheduling

Alrighty so, there is about a week and a half left until the end of this grading
period which means teachers have decided to assign the most amount of work
and assessments and students have the least amount of energy left in their systems.
About two weeks ago Rachel and I decided that we would begin filming
this week, as soon as this was decided I contacted our lead actress and
asked her if she was free for the weekend of March 15-17, she told me
that unfortunately she’d be busy the whole weekend with Cappie shows
and we agreed to start filming during the week, we chose Wednesday since
I don’t have dance. But, yesterday, Sunday, while at my dance competition
Rachel told me that Wednesday didn’t work for her anymore due to a Dr. appointment
and another prior agreement; it was a minor setback, I told her not to worry, I could
miss a day of dance if it meant we could start the filming process. Rachel and I
decided that Monday, today, would be our best option. I shot Eva a text apologizing
for the short notice and she told me that over the weekend she had sprained her
ankle and would not be able to do much physical activity, so climbing trees was
definitely out of the question. At this point I was getting really stressed because
we had made and set these plans what felt like ages ago and it now nothing was
working in our favor. Eva will be out because of her injury for at least a week and
the following week she and I will be attending State Thespian competition in
Tampa, which means filming next week is not an option either since it’s the end of
the grading period and we’d need to make sure all of our work and tests get done
on time.
As of now I think that the best option for us will be to begin filming as soon as
Eva and I get back from States, at the beginning of Spring Break, at this point it
is too late to find a new actress to play Alice and even if we did find someone else
we still wouldn't be able to film because of how hectic these weeks are. To my
knowledge Rachel, Eva, and I will all be here for Spring Break so if we manage
our time well we should be able to film and edit our opening during that week.
Furthermore, during State Competition I plan on taking with me a copy of the script
and a copy of the completed storyboard so that any down time I have I can look for
Eva and we can discuss her character in preparation for filming so that when we get
back we can go directly to filming and not waste anytime.
As someone who gets stressed very easily this abrupt change in process is not
great, does not help that I have a sinus infection and am swamped with work and
assessments mostly for AP Bio and AP Lang. So, for the next few weeks it’s positive vibes
only, we will get this done and keep our sanity in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...