The Voice of our Lovely Tree

Mother Winola is what we have named our fantastic talking tree. As I’ve already said a
million times she is a sapient, wise, caring tree who provides comfort and guidance to
Alice as she goes through life. I stumbled across the name Winola while looking for
names for Alice, I felt like the name was a bit too mature for a little girl but that it would
suit an older woman, the name means charming friend and since our film is about the
friendship between Alice and the tree I felt that it fit well. We decide to add the “Mother”
to her name so that she could have a title with a familial vibe to it, like Grandmother Willow
from Pocahontas
Rachel and I knew that the person who voiced our tree needed to have a soothing
and guiding voice. Ideally we needed a grandma, but, unfortunately we had none
at our disposal. So, I began my search for the perfect voice of our tree. I thought of
all of the adults I knew who might want to help us out but I felt that none of them
could give the delivery and performance that we wanted. I moved on with my search
by going through my friends who’d like to help and I came up with two people

Ameerah Adetoro and Caitlin Turner, funnily enough they will be sharing the role of Ms.
Darbus in our production of High School Musical, this year. I felt that these two both
captured the essence of Mother Winola. Their voices have a more, for lack of a better word,
mature feel to them and I knew that either one of them would have no trouble giving all the
emotion that Mother Winola’s one line demands. Originally I had asked Ameerah to supply
her voice because I happen to see her more often. But with my trip to Tampa, getting Ameerah
to record for me would’ve been a little difficult. Luckily, Caitlin will be going on the trip with
me, and not only that but she will also be rooming with me ! So, we have planned to create a
makeshift recording studio in our hotel room to get production rolling. I’m writing these blog
posts in advance since I won’t have too much time while on my trip but hopefully I’ll be able
to attach some photos of the recording process before posting this to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...