Slight Change in Art Direction … also Storyboarding !



On Monday my partner and I were able to discuss with our teacher
the premise of our project. She lead us to some advice that we have since
taken into consideration and are now using it to better carry out our project.
We came to the conclusion that depicting the tree speaking to the girl would
get repetitive, boring, and overall just confusing, since we can’t exactly show
their conversations through a shot/counter shot or even really a two shot in
the same manner that you would show two human or even animal characters
we had to find a different way. Instead of focusing so much on introducing the
relationship between the tree and the girl we will be developing the character
of the girl. In depicting all the different quirks the girl possesses we hope it will
make her ability to hear a tree talking more believable to the audience. We have
also decided to scratch the narrator as it may make things confusing.
Now that we have a slightly clearer path, I’ve started drawing the storyboard.
It’s not quite finished because I want to confer with Rachel before drawing
anything else, but here is what we have so far. I'm also going to attach a link
to the pdf of the storyboard template I used:
http://srjcstaff.santarosa.edu/~kthornle/apgr66/storyboard.PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...