Meet Alice ! and Eva too I guess

I’d like to introduce you to Alice, our protagonist ! From the beginning I thought
the name was very fitting for our character , but, we went through a few other
names- Amity, Acacia, Iris, Peony, Posy, Rosie- before eventually settling back
to our first idea; We chose the name Alice because we felt it encapsulated the
whimsical tone we want to set, like Alice in Wonderland. With soft rosy cheeks,
freckles, and curly hair, our hope for Alice is that she comes off as the epitome of
innocence and wholesomeness. She is a strange and quirky little girl, always
punctual and never without her stuffed animal friends; she loves tea parties and picnics
and playing in the field and picking flowers. Later I’ll be making a separate post that
will go much more in depth about props, costume, makeup, and hair design but for now
let's get into who will be tasked with playing such a role.
Eva Daskos is a sophomore at Sagemont Upper School, she is very involved in her school's
theater department, most recently she played Puck in A Midsummer Night’s Dream. I met Eva
back in November of 2018 when I went to see her school production of Be More Chill, she
played Rich and immediately caught my attention, I thought to myself how could such a little
person have such big stage presence. Since then I have seen her play a few other characters
each one completely unique and different to the previous one (she's honestly like a chameleon
I swear). When Rachel and I were creating Alice’s character Eva immediately came to mind,
physically I think she will perfectly capture the essence of a young girl and I already know
she’s an incredibly talented and reliable actress who will have no problem embodying Alice
and what she stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...