The Magical Youtube Audio Library

Youtube has this amazing feature that gives anyone with an internet connection
access to over thousands of copyright free music and sound effects. It is beyond
easy to navigate and super simple to use, simply go to https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music
or just google “youtube audio library” and you are immediately transported to a heaven of free
downloadable music !
The tracks come up seemingly at random when you are on this page, but at the top
you have options to browse for a specific genre, mood, instrument, duration, and/or
attribution. Personally I wasn’t completely sure what I was looking for so I spent
some time just scrolling and playing different songs I thought might work based on
the genre/mood description given on the right side of a given track. I found a few that
really liked and thought would fit the tone we want to set; I’ll be sending them to Rachel
to get her opinion, but, I don’t think we’ll have decided which song to use until after filming.
Here is a list of the songs I found and might be using, and some extra comments as well:
“Mysteries” by: Dan Lebowitz
“1940s Slow Dance (sting)” by: Doug Maxwell/Media Right Productions. I think this
sting could work for our opening/establishing shot to play while the title shows; it kind of
gives me a Wizard of Oz vibe and I love it.
“Campfire Song” by: Chris Haugen
“English Country Garden” Aaron Kenney. I really love this song and think it fits the
tone so well, my only problem with it is that it’s a little short.
“Parkside” by: Dan Lebowitz
“Morning Mandolin” by: Chris Haugen


To download the songs is extremely easy, all you do is click the downward facing arrow
that is on the right hand side of the screen that corresponds with the track you want and
it gets downloaded to a folder on your computer. Here’s how it looks on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...