Change and Adapt

     On Tuesday morning my instructor held an online meeting for our A Level Media Class in which we discussed the future of our projects and of our class. Many of my classmates shared their dilemmas and we all tried to come up with ways to continue producing our portfolio projects within the confines of our homes.

     After Tuesday’s meeting I scheduled a private session for Wednesday morning with my instructor to discuss my project and ways that I could “save” it. I spent the rest of the day trying to come up with ideas I could present to her for how to continue the piece.

     This morning we had a quick meeting and I am already feeling much better about the future of my project. We agreed that since half of it has already been filmed it would not make sense to completely start over; I’d need to adapt to my circumstances. It wasn’t too difficult to figure out what to do with the scene of John Sullivan, since he has no lines of dialogue and I could get away with not showing a face, I’d only need a body, I have convinced my older brother to stand in. It took plenty of begging but he is on board now, he has no choice, and it’s not like he’s doing much more than online school right now; unfortunately, I will have to let Lucas know that he is cut from the cast, I’m sure he will be extremely devastated. Beyond that,we decided that I should play the demon character myself. And, by playing both characters it would be symbolic of how you are your own biggest demons. She recommended that I watch the film Us, to help me with the concept of having one person play two characters; I will definitely be looking into that soon.

     I will hopefully be filming the missing scenes from my most recent day of filming tomorrow, and I hope to get the shots with my brother as well as the scene with the demon done next week.


Image result for stay positive

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...