Post Production Day 1

     Today I moved the footage from Sunday from my camera over to my laptop and was able to start playing around with some of the clips.

     To edit my short film I will be using iMovie. I’m not extremely proficient in this program on the Mac platform as I have only gotten my macbook fairly recently, however I have been doing a fair share of googling and youtube searching to learn how to create some of the effects I will need in the final product. I’ve learned how to crop the framing of the video clips, how to split the screen into thirds, and how to zoom in on a clip in post production, though I am still working on this technique.

     In addition, I’ve actually gotten started on the editing process. So far I’ve clipped up all the clips I want to include in the final scene that depict the course of consumption of this cake. My short film currently has a run time of 1 minute and 13 seconds, woohoo! I didn't do much today in terms of white balancing and color grading or sound editing which I know I will have to dive into in the near future. But, I am a firm believer in spacing out the editing process since I usually find myself with a fried brain hating everything about a piece when I try to edit it all in one go. So that is all for today’s dose of editing in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...