Postcard Process

     Since I had to put a slight pause in filming as I regroup and make changes to work around my situation, I took the opportunity to get my postcard done.

     From the beginning I knew I wanted to have a bite taken out of the corner so I built the composition of the postcard around that. I played around using some screenshots from footage I had before actually sitting down and getting some pictures to use.

     I spent part of yesterday taking pictures and editing them for the postcard. I used an Iphone app called “Picsart” to edit the photos and will add the before and after of the photos below. I had one black background and one white to coordinate with Jael’s costumes in the film. The color scheme I want to develop in my branding is black, white, and red. For the front of the postcard I’m using a photo of Jael in the wedding dress holding a bible and a fork since I think those are prominent symbols in the story. For the back of the postcard I’m using a photo of half of Jael holding her cake in the right third so that I could use the center and left thirds to include information for the film festival where this will be distributed. I have chosen the Orlando Film Festival since it is in October and hopefully by that time this pandemic would’ve died down and the festival can carry on as expected. At the bottom of the back I have also added the logo for my production company, “Act Bright Films.”

     While developing the postcard I had been using the name “Let Them Eat Cake” but as I kept working on it I began to dislike this title more and more, so, after consulting a friend the name was changed to “Til Death Do Us Part,” I think this name suits the short film much better.

     Here is my postcard. I will probably rework it some more, as I’m not completely satisfied with the bites taken out of the corners. I also feel like it looks a little bland, it’s not as eye catching as I would like. I’m glad I got working on now, so that I have time to sleep on some ideas and rework it to create something I am truly proud of. I will definitely be poking around other promotional pieces for other films for some inspiration




No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...