Post Production Day 2 [sort of (it’s also 3 & 4)]

     I had the opportunity to move my footage over from camera to computer on Friday, it took forever! Since my primary laptop doesn’t have a regular USB port and I currently cannot afford an adapter my process has become to transfer all the footage to Google Drive using my old chromebook which luckily does have a USB port and then accessing the drive via my MacBook to then download and import to iMovie. This process works fairly well, it's just time consuming and kind of annoying. However, this time around the footage was giving me some problems, it wasn’t loading on the google drive so I couldn’t download it onto my computer and I began to get a little frustrated so I set it aside and decided to come back to it the next day.



     On Saturday the footage had finally loaded into the drive and I was able to download it which was an incredibly long process since there was so much footage and it would not let me download more than one at a time. Regardless, it got done and I imported everything into iMovie and got to thoroughly reviewing the footage as well as editing. Upon reviewing the footage I have come up with a list of shots that for some reason I forgot to film they are as follows:
  • An over the shoulder shot depicting the recipe.
  • A close up on Jael’s hand pushing the recipe away in protest.
  • A close up on Jael’s injuries as she grabs her necklace before pouring in the poison.
  • The ending shot where she’s back in the kitchen after consuming the cake.
     I will be making time soon to go back to my dad’s house to get these few shots so I can close out the editing of these scenes. As I began to edit I quickly came across a problem; one of the clips was having audio problems where halfway through the sound would cut out, and it happened to be the half with dialogue in it. What was strange was that this clip was only having this problem on iMovie, when I played it on the camera and on my laptop’s video player the audio was completely fine. After an extremely frustrating hour of looking for a solution I stopped, got out of iMovie and decided to try again tomorrow.



     On Sunday I got to work, I moved past the clip I was having problems with and decided it would be best to just reshoot it since I had to go back and film the other scenes at my dad’s anyways. As I was editing I could already tell that it was going to be too long and I’d have to cut down my footage an insane amount, I am already nearing the 5 minute mark and I don’t even have half of it done which is frustrating but, I am going to continue how I was going and once I get all my usable clips cut I will decide which parts to sacrifice. An idea I have been considering is turning this into a noir film, honestly it would save me time in post production but I think it could also enhance that creepy undertone I am going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...