COVID-19 Can Catch These Hands

Hello everyone happy week six! And happy Coronacation week two!! 

Image result for social distancing meme
     
     These social distancing practices have made my peers and me quickly realize that this project would begin to get quite difficult to carry out in terms of production. I think from my end I got pretty lucky since I only have two other actors aside from myself that I need to rely on for filming. I did this on purpose, when I was developing my short film my original goal was to have only one character/actor and either play that character myself or have someone I really trusted play that character. I wanted to do this because last year in my AS Portfolio Project my lead actress dropped out at the last minute and my partner had to fill in instead; I was not looking to repeat something like that again.

     While I’ve done quite a bit of the filming already I am still missing a few important scenes that require my two actors. In my original schedule from week one I had planned to get all the filming done this week, but that will definitely not be happening.

     On March 10 I contacted my friend Lucas, asking him to play the role of John Sullivan; he was eager to become part of the production and we scheduled to film on a day in the weekend of March 20-22. On Tuesday March 17, at this point school had been cancelled indefinitely, I messaged Lucas again and with the best outlook in mind we rescheduled for the weekend of March 28-29. Now as I am writing this almost a week later it seems like that probably will not be happening.

     The future of filming is uncertain. My priorities right now are safety and health so, for this week I will adjust my production schedule and hope for the best. I have planned to continue editing as well as begin working on the website and postcard. I will probably start getting into branding and marketing on my blog too, I definitely have plenty of time to sit around and research on this my senior year Spring Break.




stay safe
-a

Image result for spring break gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

adieu

TDDUP has officially come to a close! How bittersweet; this project means so much to me and I am happy that this is how I will be closing ou...